OneStop Business Registration
If you are starting a new business, you can use the provincial government’s OneStop Business Registration service to register it.
This service was developed by the BC government and enables a business to register with multiple public sector agencies and local government in one step without having to duplicate processes. This service can be used by:
- Sole Proprietorships
- Incorporated Societies
You can use this service to:
- Instantly register your sole proprietorship or general partnership with the BC Corporate Registry (Note: This registration requires pre-approval of your business name. Forms can be obtained at Community Futures or the Government Agent Office)
- Register as a vendor for the provincial sales tax with the BC Consumer Taxation Branch
- Register as an employer with the Workers' Compensation Board of BC
- Apply for personal optional protection with Workers' Compensation Board of BC
- Apply for a business number account with the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency for HST, payroll deductions, corporate income tax, and import/export account.
- Apply for one or more municipal business licenses with participating municipalities
Click the OneStop Business Registration button to get started!